Bailey Jade

Bailey Jade

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Call From Primary's

Today we got the phone call from Primary Children's. We are set up for an appointment to meet with them this Thursday. At our appointment they will go over the schedule for surgeries for our little Bailey as well as feedings and bottles. We will get to find out an estimate of what is going to happen from birth on. As we are still unsure if palate is involved, Primary's will go over everything as if palate is involved, and then if it ends up being just lip, that just makes all the less worry and surgeries involved after birth. They explained to us that 90% of cases cannot be determined by ultrasound if palate is involved or not, so we are all left completely in the dark on exact diagnosis until time of delivery. We were told it is best to prepare for the worst and if it is any less, we only have more to be grateful for. Ultrasounds make it really nice for us to detect some issues, but cannot completely allow us to fully diagnose issues like these. We have been told by some that it looks like palate is involved and told by others that palate is not involved, so we are of course still 50/50 and just waiting until we get to meet her to find out.

Thursday we will receive more information and will be all that more prepared for her beautiful entrance into this world. I will update more when I find out on Thursday.

Thank you again for all the love and support, comments and emails we have been receiving. We love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I was born with the cleft palate...I was told they had to take the roof of my mouth out and then put it back in...I had to wear a metal thing around my mouth and they pinned my hands to my diaper so I wouldn't play with it...That was back in 1976, so I'm sure they have come along way since then...But you can't even tell:)

    ReplyDelete